Tuesday, June 06, 2006
1. Cooled down today with a Frosty and took it to the LOVE statue with the intent of subtitling the picture "Frosty w/ cheese!" This did not happen because I forgot to put batteries in the camera and then threw the cup away (I think the Frosty made me a little sick).
So please trust that I did have a Frosty, belatedly, to celebrate a very different sort of third anniversary that has nothing (well, little) to do with Satan or Brie Larson. E!
2. To further saturate the internet, I reluctantly started a LiveJournal page. I probably won't post anything there but I do enjoy making friends, for those of you who have taken the LJ side in the Blogger vs. LiveJournal Wars.
3. $1 purchases today: Zongamin, That Dog., The Pierces, Imani Coppola, Aaron Carter. $2-$3 purchases: Liz Phair - Whitechocolatespaceegg and Kelly Osbourne - Sleeping in the Nothing, which I really like so far.
4. Relistened to the new Pink and have definitely warmed up to it. I was way off about "Who Knew" being a "Since U Been Gone" clone (the beat is a little similar, but it's not very angry at all). Also fine-tuning my Confessional Jamz mix. Included Aly and AJ after all but couldn't find room for Hope Partlow (choice between "Sick Inside" and "Cold," I picked neither but am posting the latter...it's a little bit angst-rockier). Waiting on Meg & Dia and Flyleaf.
5. A pre-Skye Friday tip, album pushed back indefinitely but Skye is currently in Sweden, no doubt recording her surefire #1 single with Max Martin and Dr. Luke Gottwald. Or at least Jorgen Elofsson w/ input from Andreas Carlsson. When will Skye have her shining soarus moment?
666. Truth Squad sneaking up on the RD Top Ten, cue aneurysm. Hannah replaces Ri-hannah at #2 with "SOS" slipping to #8. I'm doubting that "Unfaithful" will crack the chart. Can nothing knock HSM from the top? ...How did THE MACARENA make it back on the list????
DEMON ANNIVERSARY "FROSTY" PICK: Hope Partlow - Cold
DEMON ANNIVERSARY "CHEESE" PICK: BWO - Marrakech
Posted by Dave at 5:07 PM