Wow, my life is so much easier all of a sudden. I think I'll go out to dinner to celebrate.
1. EMP proposal THE WAR ON LINDSAY has been received, will update in January and post the synopsis if I don't get accepted. Methinks I mayn't, but who knows.
2. Applications finished. I think I could manage a B+ on the paper I gussied up now!
3. Xmas Xard from Metal Mike Saunders received. Hello Kitty!
4. Tower Records purchases make me feel guilty since I keep buying 'em for myself, but it's a once in a lifetime opportunity! I won't even tell you what obscenely low price I paid for the four-CD Bananarama set in a lovely wooden box, normally priced at $60 (which is a huge rip-off, but whatever). Arthur Russell and Rachel Stevens for $5, Ross and co. beat me to Robyn, though. No sign of Marit, but I picked up the Ark for Emily and Paris for me. There were five copies left. Missed my opportunity to pick up the Beavis and Butthead set, drat.
5. THE WAR ON LINDSAY: THE REALITY continues. Rehab? AA? This is news? OK, I'm gonna say it one more time: LINDSAY LOHAN IS A FUCKING ROCK STAR!!!!!
6. All top ten lists sent to various media institutions that I feel kinda weird contributing to. And to think at this time last year, one of my dreams was to pitch a review to the Voice. Siiiigh.
7. Speaking of which, Stylus singles were published this week, kinda weird for a while and then pretty bland for the big ones. I think they should have done (or should do) a Jukebox feature where they share the top 200 or entries from the final tally spreadsheet (which is a beautiful monstrosity to behold), and then have a contributor pick not one of the top 200, but the one track that was most royally SCREWED by the IGNORANCE AND TERRIBLE TASTE of everyone else. Tough call between "Nothing in This World" and that Kim-Lian single.
8. Oh wait, that wasn't my point. The following are singles that one person voted for in their top twenty, namely me:
♥ Veronicas - 4ever (I guess maybe MAYBE it's because people viewed it as '05, though I doubt it)
♥ The Ark - One of Us Is Gonna Die Young (no one voted for "Clamour for Glamour," either)
♥ Hannah Montana - Who Said I Got Nerve? (probably because this song doesn't exist, but no one voted for anything else, either. I understand this a bit more, but not...)
♥ Hilary Duff - Play with Fire (gets better every time I listen to it)
♥ Britney Spears - And Then We Kiss (arguable single status, UNLIKE BRITNEY AMIRITE FELLAS)
♥ Girl Authority - Hollaback Girl (not a single, whatever)
But I am NOT the only person to vote for "Not This Year" by Aly and AJ. So hello to Charles Merwin. No one voted for "Rush," though. Thought maybe there'd be at least ONE taker. I counted it as '05 because I'd fully known how good it was with time to spare last year, but I was having...issues.
9. History of Jop is getting a little too close for comfort. In 2003 I started my first blog and wrote some very silly things. Also some stuff I still like.