[EDIT: Stylus offers podcasts and I might start doing one there as a sort of add-on to my column. In which case it would be the Sugar Shock podcast. I'll keep ya's posted.]
2. Submitted a Top 20 to Stylus, thinking of switching "Only a Fool" (#2) to "Don't Save Me" (didn't make the list, but truthfully should be somewhere around...oh, 12 maybe) to help Marit Larsen get higher on the list. To #1 if possible. My rationale for the other one is: best song (released as a single) on best album = second best single of the year. Haven't heard lots of stuff that I probably should...expect an actual 2006 list sometime around January 10th when I finally process everything. Well, more.
3. Albums...something like Marit - Paris - Ark - Veronicas...Fergie? Hmmmmm. Amy Diamond, MCR, Phoenix, Marie Serneholt (CRAP forgot to put her on my singles list, but can't think of anything I'd replace...maybe Teddybears w/ "I Need a House"...too late oh well), maybe Girl Talk.
4. Pop-up bubbles from High School Musical pop-up edition (just stuff I scribbled down while watching it for a half hour):
♥ "Sometimes people don't pay attention when you sing karaoke...unless you're really good!"
♥ "They say necessity is the mother of invention, but in this case it was a proud father!" (Forget who the proud father was...)
♥ "A hockey arena is called an 'ice skating rink.'"
♥ "Sharpay is very comfortable in this sparkly outfit."
♥ "Peer pressure :("
♥ "Vanessa was home-schooled after 7th grade, so she never attended high school"
5. Brie Larson's 'zine, Bunnies and Traps, comes out on December 15th. Website and Myspace. Kinda pricey.
6. Forgot to check Radio Disney against Mediabase this week to see how my predictions about "Greatest Time of Year" went. It's at #12 online, #9 in airplay, forget what I thought would happen. I think I said it would peak a week or two before Christmas around #3? But I think it might go #1 closer to Christmas.
And holy jeez I just saw THIS:
What's your fave winter tune?
-Greatest Time of Year
-Jingle Bell Rock
-Not This Year
-Let It Snow
Might get a chance to review it for the Fjork. FOUR AND A HALF OR BUST.
7. Interested to see how this Idolator counter-P&J thing goes. Don't care for the site, but I do trust the organizer(s?) and they certainly have the resources to do it. And I don't have any problems with doing both polls, though I wonder if this will have an impact on P&J. If they allow comments, I'll see if I can come up with something brief and witty that will cause people to chuckle but also think about Paris Hilton.