1. Tom Breihan:
Storch is a pop hack, and the world needs pop hacks, but that doesn't mean those pop hacks have license to attack actual musical geniuses [Timbaland]. After all, anyone who signed Brooke Hogan can't very well accuse anyone else of being unable to spot talent.
2. Latest quote from tha jukebox:
3. About this new Arcade Fire album:
4. Jonas Brothers are KIDS OF THE FUTURE. Which reminds me...however many years on (eleven? Twelve?), was Clueless really really important? I think it was. Has anyone commented on this?
5. Aly and AJ fans, PLEASE don't post on that VERY OLD thread from like September '05. You should keep reading and join up in the present. In hopes that this will happen, I will now post a lovely comment right here in its very own ultra-current post.
Well I'm 29 and I really like the song "Rush" even though I have no clue what they are talking about (drugs? peer pressure? running away from home?). I'm strictly athiest and have no problem with my kids listening to their songs, although I won't buy the album. But if you think Disney is promoting Christianity consider this: As far as I know, they still have a gay day at Disneyworld. My father who is a backslidden southern Baptist minister refuses to even discuss going to Disneyworld to this day, some 10 years since they began it. But who knows, maybe thinly veiled Christian pop music is their attempt to win over the conservatives.
Naw, I was way off. But my paranoia was founded to the extent that I was ON TO SOMETHING, meaning Aly and AJ were/are very important and I at least recognized it from the start. But it took me OVER A YEAR to figure anything out about 'em, so I do wish y'all'd pick up from a more current train of thought and not watch me thrash around at the Disney conglomerate and evangelists. Also, Jesus Camp still isn't sitting right with me, but that's a whole 'nother post.
6. Is it just me or have things been quiet lately?
7. I missed the Bunnies and Traps deadline, but YOU DON'T HAVE TO. DON'T BE A FOOL. 24 HOURS.
Look, Brie, I know yer gonna google this site someday. So I will apologize to you PERSONALLY for not getting things together for your 'zine.